Every day is unique; however, for me today is extra special. I celebrate my birthday in a place which feels like is out of this world. As I turned 40, I am sitting here reflecting on what I have learned and experienced all these years.
I thought it would be great to share with you the lessons I learned along the way. I am sure many of you may find yourself in these, and for the younger souls, I hope it will make them pause and ponder on them.
As I do not have kids, and because I did not have that experience,my perspective may be a little bit different. Nevertheless, I still share that responsibility, and I feel like I am still a mother but in a different way.
I want to share a lesson I have learned for each year of my life, not necessarily in a particular order. Because the list is long, I will just summarize them here and detail each in my future posts. Until then, enjoy!
- Dare to dream – if you believe, dreams will materialize
- Jump at every opportunity
- Be the best version of yourself without comparing against others
- Be a seeker of truth
- Work on discovering your potential
- Be involved with everything but not invested
- Learn to say no, otherwise, you will hurt yourself
- Live life fully, don’t think of life
- Share your gifts with the world
- Give from the heart without expecting anything in return
- Admit when you do not know something
- Always live in “the now”
- Do not worry, especially for circumstances you have no control over
- Take responsibility for your decisions and assume the consequences
- Heaven and hell are both within us, and you just have to choose
- Be humble – you are just a speck in this universe
- Happiness is only coming from within – do not expect to find it in material things
- Accept everything the way it comes and accept people the way they are
- Do not allow other people or circumstances to dictate the way you feel
- Always do what you want not what is expected of you
- Realize we are all mortal – enjoy every moment of your life, make the best of it
- Challenge the status quo – embrace change
- Do not try to change anyone – only change yourself
- Get rid of your compulsiveness – get off autopilot
- Become conscious of everything you do – your life will change forever
- Meditation is the cure to our madness – stress is your own making
- Sometimes you get what you need, not what you want – it is all right
- We are the outcome of our decisions – do not blame others
- Always do what is right for you and others
- Our natural way of being is Love – express it
- Do not give advice, only share what you have experienced
- Be grateful for everything surrounding you
- Be kind to one another – so simple, yet so powerful
- Remember the child within you – life is not that serious
- Inspire people – be the change you want to see
- Taking care of yourself first is not being selfish
- Expectations will only create frustrations and disappointments
- Joy or misery is just an expression of who you are – choose wisely
- Ensure spirituality is part of your life
- Make a difference – leave your mark in this world, impact one person at a time
I am blessed and grateful for everything I went through in my life. For the people I interacted with and what I have experienced so far. Hitting the breaks, finally putting myself first, and being able to choose what I want, gave me a new meaning to life. I hope you can also take some time to introspect and re-prioritize what is more important in your life.
Life is too short, be happy!